Coronavirus Update (COVID-19)
Hello NFL Flag Chico Family,
I hope that you are all safe and doing well. As you know, our Spring 2021 Season was originally planned to run from March thru May. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we tried to manipulate the Spring 2021 Season schedule so that we would still be able to play starting this month (March). There were many different options on the board (starting end of March, 4 week season with double-header games, etc.). Unfortunately, it does not appear that we will be able to hold the Spring Season this year as we have not received the "all clear" to open up. With that being said, the Spring 2021 Season will be canceled and rolled over into our Summer 2021 Season.
With the hope that things normalize, our Summer 2021 Season will take place with tentative dates of July 11th thru September 12th at Chico High School in Chico. All Spring 2021 Season registrants will have first priority and will be automatically placed in our Summer Season. However, if your child is unable to attend the Summer 2021 Season, you have 3 options available to you:
1. Rollover your Spring 2021 registration to the Summer 2021 Season
2. Receive a credit for a future season of your choice
3. Receive a full refund
We will also be offering a handful of scholarships, as well as payment plans if needed (please email us).
*There will also be sport specific social distancing guidelines applied to all practices and game days. These guidelines will also include such practices as:
1. All parent/fans, staff, and referees will be required to wear some type of face covering
2. Only ONE parent/fan per player will be allowed into the venue
3. The game day schedule will be slightly altered so that players and parents/fans can leave the venue, before the next round of players and parents/fans are allowed into the venue
4. All players and parents/fans who are waiting for their field time, must wait in their vehicle until their time slot opens up
5. All game balls will be rotated out, wiped down, and replaced with a new ball at the end of the first half of a game, as well as at the end of each game
6. To help with contact tracing as much as we can in case of a positive test result, all individuals entering into the venue will need to provide their name and phone number to league staff
7. If you are sick, please do not show up to the field
8. Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be required by all parents/fans that attend the games
9. There will be no pre-game or post-game handshakes
These league mandated guidelines, as well as any federal, state, or local guidelines will be fully enforced and may be revised at any point by the league. Furthermore, the league may choose to adjust the age divisions as needed before the season starts.
In closing, we would like to reiterate that sports, and youth sports in general, are all central to our lives. They serve as an escape from everyday challenges, a tool for teaching our youth life lessons on and off the field, while also helping to provide social skills as well as athletic skills. Sports also provides a shared passion that unites people of all backgrounds. Together, we will get our youth athletes back on the playing field as soon as possible, and again be united by the power of Flag Football.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please continue to remain safe.